Fuel Up! School Lunch Program
Welcome to the Fuel Up! Lunch Program, which serves all of New Westminster Schools elementary and middle schools! Starting in the 2023/2024 school year, we are excited to welcome The Lunch Lady as our new provider of fresh daily school lunches. Their website is a great source of information on who they are and the meals they provide, and we invite parents to check it out to familiarize themselves!
For more information on the New West Schools Fuel Up Lunch Program, please see this page on their website.
Below you will find the step-by-step guide on how to create an account and order from the Lunch Lady. You can also download this information in a convenient PDF format here: Fuel Up NW How to Order
If your family may require a subsidy for your child(ren)’s lunch order, please scroll to the bottom of this page for information on how to apply & order!
Things to Know Before You Get Started:
1. We’ll send you reminders throughout the year, but orders must be submitted at least 2 business days ahead of time. For example, the first day for lunches will be Tuesday September 19th, so all orders for that day must be submitted by 12pm on Friday September 15th.
3. If your child is going to be sick or away, please email us to cancel your food order by noon the day before. Otherwise, the lunch will still be sent to the school where you can contact the office to let them know you will pick it up, or let the school staff know if they can offer the lunch to another hungry child that day.
To Create Your Account:
1. Visit the Lunch Lady order site: order.lunchlady.ca
2. Select Register in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Click on Create Account.
4. Enter all of the required information (name, email, password) and select Create My Account.
5. Complete your Account Profile and select Next.
Setup Your Customers (Your child):
1. Select the green Add button to set up your first child (the Lunch Lady team calls them customers).
2. Enter the required information (Name, School, Division) and click on the green button to Save. Repeat the process to add additional children to your account!
*Please note that the local franchise we’re working with uses a Canadian built tool that includes other
locations across the country. All New Westminster schools can be found by looking for “ *FuelUp! “ and then
the school name and city listed after.
How to Order:
1. From the Order Calendar, select Place Order to view the menu items available for that day. To add a meal to your order, enter the quantity you wish to order and Add to Cart. Once an item has been successfully added to your order, a green cart icon will appear. Use the Previous and Next buttons to move from one day to the next or select Switch Date to return to the main calendar view. *If you have more than 1 child registered in the program, select the student you wish to order for from thedrop-down menu at the top of the Order Calendar.
2. Before submitting your order you will need to review it to confirm the details are correct. To view your order click on the cart icon in the top right corner of the screen. If you need to
make a change to an item in the cart, remove the old item by clicking on the red garbage can icon. Confirm that you wish to remove this item by selecting OK. Don’t forget to return to the
order calendar and select a new option for that.
3. When you are ready to complete your order you will be prompted to enter your credit card information if it has not already been stored on your account. Enter your payment information and select Process Payment. You will receive a confirmation message on the screen that your order has been confirmed.
Have questions or need help? Email them directly at email@example.com
Fuel Up! Subsidies
New Westminster Schools is dedicated to providing tasty, healthy lunches for all students barrier-free and stigma-free. Subsidies can be used toward the purchase of ONE hot or cold entrée, per school day, per child.
If your family requires a confidential subsidy for the Fuel Up program, please find out if you qualify by visiting this info page, and then fill out the subsidy application form here! Please note that if your family previously had a subsidy under the previous provider, you will need to reapply. For families applying for lunches through the subsidized program, please be aware that an account will be set up for you, using the information you’ve provided in the form. Once approved, the team at the Lunch Lady will email you information on how to access your account and start ordering meals.
We take confidentiality very seriously, and the information you provide on the subsidy application is only reviewed by your school’s principal and the few district staff members who approve applications and initiate the creation of subsidized meal accounts. When the meals are delivered to the school, they all look the same; there is no visible difference between subsidized and unsubsidized lunches. They arrive in the same containers/packaging, and there is no differentiation on the name labels. Because no one knows who has ordered food from a paid account and who is taking advantage of either full or partial subsidies, all kids can enjoy their lunch together without the stigma that other meal programs can sometimes have.
Questions on options, ordering/orders and feedback on menus can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions on subsidies or feedback on the overall program can be sent to: Fuelup@sd40.bc.ca
Want to Donate to the Fuel Up! Subsidy Program?
New Westminster Schools invites community members to join us in helping provide access to healthy, stigma-free meals for children in New Westminster Schools. If you would like to make a targeted donation and receive a taxable receipt, please visit this link to find more information and ways to donate!